Biomethane prodcution and usage
- There are several ways of refining biogas:
- Pressure water washing (DWW) - removes CO2 increases water pressure> 96% CH4
- Changing pressure adsorption (PSA) - using recoverable net carbon> 96% CH4
- Chemical washing (MEA) - used a chemical reaction of CO2 with monoethanolamine
- Physical washing with special removers CO2 and H2S (DEA)
- Separation through polymeric membranes
- Cryogenic separation
- The method of low-pressure adsorption (LPA)
- construction of a filling station for compressed biomethane (substitute CNG)
- sale of biomethane directly to the customer (industrial customers)
- construction of a station for the production of liquefied biomethane (substitute LNG)
- injection into the natural gas distribution network
- Biomethane to be "connectable" to the gas network must be in addition to the increased concentrations of the corrosive gases CH4 removed H2S and ammonia, must reach the same heat value (10.95 kWh/m3 Russian gas, North Sea gas kWh/m3 11.45).
- Biomethane as a fuel has other potential uses such as natural gas. It can compress and zkvapalňovať and use it to drive vehicles or farm machinery. However, high compression of biogas is difficult, given the fact that biogas desulphurisation and should be drained to prevent corrosion and freezing cylinder pressure-reducing valves.
- The actual compression requires cooling down to -160 ° C, which requires more cost to the process and technology.